HILO, HAWAII (HawaiiNewsNow) - To help protect against floodwaters, the Big Island is making sand available to residents Tuesday.
Workers have delivered piles of sand to multiple locations throughout the Big Island.
Residents must bring their own shovels and sandbags.
Sand will be provided at the following locations:
- Shultz Siding: 630 E Lanikaula St., Hilo
- Mamalahoa Hwy and Jardin Rd.
- Honokaa Base Yard: 45-3386 Mamane St.
- Cherry Trees (near Ke Ola Mau Loa Church): 65-1096 Mamalahoa Hwy
- N Kohala Base Yard: 55-486 Hoea Rd.
- Waikoloa Community Park: 68-1845 Puu Nui St.
- Ane Keohokalole Hwy south of Kealakehe Pkwy (Kailua side of Kealakehe HS)
- Captain Cook Base Yard: 79-7320 Kuakini Hwy
- Yano Hall in Captain Cook: 82-6156 Mamalahoa Hwy
- Waiohino Base Yard: 95-1627 Kamaoa Rd.
- Pahala Park and Community Center: 96-1149 Kamani St.
- Puna Base Yard: 17-384 Volcano Rd.
- Puna Airfield Strip: 15-2501 Keaau Pahoa Rd.
This story will be updated.