HONOLULU (HawaiiNewsNow) - As Hurricane Lane follows a track very close to the Hawaiian Islands, it's bringing along heavy rains, powerful winds and massive surf.
Flooding and landslides have already shut down key roads across the Big Island, and this will likely occur on other islands as well.
Here are some of the road closures in place due to impacts from Lane.
- Highway 19 near mile marker 13 (Honomu) and mile marker 6 (Hilo)
- Bayfront Highway (Hilo)
- Kamehameha Avenue between Pauahi and Ponahawai (Hilo)
- Pauahi Street (Hilo)
- Kukila Street (Hilo)
- East Kawailani Street from Awapuhi to Nohona Street (Hilo)
- Pohaku from 39th to 40th in Orchidland Estates
- Laupahoehoe Point Road
- Waikoloa Road (Hana)
- Downed tree at Waikamoi reported blocking Hana Highway (MP 10)
- Kailua-bound lanes of Pali Highway at Nuuanu Pali Drive from 8 p.m. Thursday until the storm passes and the road is assessed for potential rockfall threat.
- HDOT Highways Division Oahu District is coordinating with the City and County of Honolulu Intermittent closures of the left lanes of both directions of the H-3 Freeway at the Harano Tunnel starting at 9 a.m. Thursday through Saturday for staging of equipment.
- Kuhio Highway between Wainiha and Waikoko after the 11 p.m. convoy Thursday, Aug. 23, 2018. Limited local access will resume after crews assess the slope for potential storm damage.