HAWAII (HawaiiNewsNow) - Heavy rain has flooded schools and washed out roads across parts of the state.
Hit especially hard were the island of Kauai and Oahu.
- Hanalei Elementary School (Classes to resume Wednesday)
- Waldorf School (Oahu)
- Calvary by the Sea preschool (Oahu)
- Weke Road in the vicinity of Black Pot Beach remains closed due to a sinkhole.
- Severe erosion closed the mauka portion of Kahiliholo Road at Kalihiwai Ridge.
- Kuhio Highway, between Waikoko and Wainiha, remains closed due to multiple landslides.
- Hanalei Plantation Road in Princeville remains closed due to a sinkhole.
For people leaving the area between Kilauea and Hanalei, the Kauai Bus is allowing free service and will also allow luggage on board. The carry-on policy will be waived for those leaving the disaster area.
The Kapaa refuse transfer station green waste site is closed Tuesday, but all other refuse transfer station green waste sites are fully operational.
This story will be updated.