Suspect in 'Lucky Strike' attempted kidnapping appears in court

NUUANU, OAHU (HawaiiNewsNow) - The suspect in an attempted kidnapping at Ala Moana's Lucky Strike Social last month made his initial appearance in court on Monday.

45-year-old Jason Dee Nolen was arrested Saturday in connection with the incident. He was taken into custody Saturday morning at his Chinatown apartment on Nuuanu Avenue.

He faces charges of one count of kidnapping and six counts of sexual assault.

Police have been searching for him since a 9-year-old girl reported being fondled and grabbed by a man at Lucky Strike Social, a bowling and arcade center in Ala Moana, sometime between 6:30 and 7:30 p.m. on March 19.

At the time of the incident, the suspect in the investigation was described as having long blonde hair and a beard. Police sources say that Nolen cut his hair in an attempt to alter his appearance since the alleged kidnapping.

A family friend, who asked not to be identified, said that a man was talking to the girl about a game when he fondled her. The friend said that the girl immediately kicked the man and ran to her crying.

"She kept saying she wanted to get out of here, 'someone tried to grab me. Some guy came out to me and tried to grab me,'" the friend said.

According to the friend, witnesses later told her they believed they saw the same man wandering through Lucky Strike Social and not playing any games.

Nolen is currently being held in Honolulu police custody on $300,000 bail.

This story will be updated.

Copyright 2018 Hawaii News Now. All rights reserved.