Faulty laptop power cord sparks Aiea house fire

Faulty laptop power cord sparks Aiea house fire

AIEA, OAHU (HawaiiNewsNow) - Honolulu fire officials say a faulty laptop power cord sparked a blaze at an Aiea home Thursday.

Firefighters responded to a home on Pilikoa Street around 6:20 a.m.

Upon their arrival, firefighters say smoke and flames were coming out of a window from a room in the back of the house.

HFD says a woman, her husband and their child were home when they smelled smoke and evacuated.

They called 911 and fire crews had the flames under control in about 20 minutes.

Fire investigators estimated the damage total to be upwards of $140,000. Most of the damage was contained to the back room of origin.

No one was injured in the incident.

Copyright 2018 Hawaii News Now. All rights reserved.