Two-alarm fire causes $25,000 in damage to Nuuanu home

Two-alarm fire causes $25,000 in damage to Nuuanu home
(Image: Hawaii News Now/file)

NUUANU, OAHU (HawaiiNewsNow) - The Honolulu Fire Department is finished investigating a two-alarm house fire in Nuuanu.

On Monday at 12:55 p.m., the Honolulu Fire Department arrived at 549B North Judd Street to find black smoke coming from a window on the first floor of a two-story home. The fire was extinguished at 1:11 p.m.

A neighbor, who was alerted to the fire after smelling smoke, called HFD around 12:52 p.m.

According to HFD, one man and two women live in the home, but none of them were inside at the time of the fire. There were no reported injuries.

HFD concluded that the fire was accidental and  caused by a malfunction of a lamp's power cord.

The fire caused an estimated $25,000 in damage with $20,000 in damage to the building structure and $5,000 to its contents.

Copyright 2018 Hawaii News Now. All rights reserved.