WAIPIO, OAHU (HawaiiNewsNow) - The Honolulu Fire Department has determined that a Waipio house fire on Thursday was caused by unattended cooking.
The home's occupants were not present at the time of the fire, which HFD concluded originated in the kitchen. Damages to the house and its contents have are an estimated $980,000.
Firefighters responded to the two-alarm fire at around 7:35 p.m.
HFD said smoke and flames were coming from the kitchen of the single-story home on Lumi Street.
The fire was brought under control by 7:45 p.m.
There were no injuries reported.
Damage estimates are not yet available.