HONOLULU (HawaiiNewsNow) - The Rainbow Warriors ohana grew a bit larger this morning after 10 high school/JUCO players signed on to play for the University of Hawaii.
After signing 17 players this past December during the inaugural Early Signing Day, Hawaii was able to bring more players on board on this morning at National Signing Day, including St. Louis wide receiver Jonah Panoke.
Panoke was the only Rainbow Warrior commit to sign at Wednesday's signing day event at the Sheraton Waikiki as verbal commit Aaron Faumui (Kapolei High School) had a change of heart at the 11th hour.
Faumui signed on to play for the University of Virginia after a last-minute push over the weekend to get the star defensive lineman's signature on paper.
In all, the Warriors added five offensive linemen, two wide receivers, one defensive lineman, one defensive back and one athlete.
National Signing Day recap
- St. Louis wide receiver Jonah Panoke.
- Junior college defensive back Manase Time of Golden West College.
- Saint Francis School wide receiver Scott McLeod.
- Offensive lineman Ernest Moore of City College of San Francisco.
- Offensive lineman Solo Vaipulu of Centennial High.
- El Camino College defensive lineman Justus Tavai, the younger brother of current UH linebacker Jahlani Tavai.
- San Clemente High School offensive lineman Thomas Wade.
- JUCO offensive lineman Alex Dalpe (Long Beach City College.)
- JUCO offensive linemanGene Pryor (College of the Sequoias.)
- Monrovia High School athlete Michael Washington.