HFD: Stove accidentally left on ignited an Aiea house fire over - Hawaii News Now - KGMB and KHNL

HFD: Stove accidentally left on ignited an Aiea house fire over the weekend

(Image: Hawaii News Now) (Image: Hawaii News Now)
AIEA, OAHU (HawaiiNewsNow) -

After a fire damaged an Aiea home Saturday, fire crews wrapped up their investigation into the blaze.

On Monday, HFD said a stove that was accidentally left on ignited the fire.

Flames caused $683,000 in damage to the home and its contents.

HFD responded to the fire at a home on Piki Street around 6:30 p.m. Saturday. 

It took 34 fire personnel roughly 20 minutes to extinguish flames. 

Firefighters found the heaviest damage in the kitchen and living room areas.

No one was home at the time. 

Copyright 2018 Hawaii News Now. All rights reserved. 

Powered by Frankly