The Super Bowl is coming up on Sunday, Feb. 4. Every day this week, we're featuring a Sunrise Super Bowl snack to help you and your family get ready for the big day.
Steve's Shrimp Tempura Musubi
Here's what you need:
- Shrimp Tempura (Costco sells a 20-pack for about $10 that can be thrown in the oven)
- Mae Ploy Sweet Chili Sauce
- Follow directions for heating/cooking shrimp tempura. The one I used called for baking in the oven at 400 degrees for 8 minutes.
- Cut Nori into the size and shape desired. I trimmed it so the shrimp would stick out on both sides of the nori.
- Spread rice over the nori
- Mix mayo, chili sauce and Sriracha into a bowl. I put a little more chili sauce than I put mayo. Sorry, I didn't measure. And then I put in a little Sriracha. But you can just keep tasting until you get it right.
- Spread the new sauce over your rice.
- Place shrimp over the rice so that both ends are sticking out.
- Roll your musubi...providing light pressure as you roll so it gets nice and tight.
- Nom nom nom!