HONOLULU (HawaiiNewsNow) - The Hawaiian Electric, Maui Electric, and Hawaii Electric Light Companies are offering fireworks safety tips to help residents ring in the new year safely:
- Carefully set up and use fireworks in an area clear of power lines.
- Do not attach fireworks to utility poles.
- Keep a 10-foot clearance from power lines while stringing fireworks.
- If something becomes tangled in a power line, do not try to free it. Call your island's trouble line:
- Oahu: 1-855-304-1212
- Maui: 808-871-7777
- Lanai and Molokai: 1-877-871-8461
- Hawaii Island: 808-969-6666