Oahu residents can pick up a free tree or shrub at the Hawaiian Electric Arbor Day Tree Giveaway this weekend.
Hawaiian Electric is teaming up with Kaulunani Urban and Community Forestry Program, UH Urban Garden Center, Wahiawa Botanical Garden and Waimea Valley to give away 500 plants starting 9 a.m. Saturday at the following locations:
- Waianae: Hawaiian Electric Kahe Power Plant
- Pearl City: Urban Garden Center
- Honolulu: McKinley High School
- Kailua: Hawaiian Electric Koolau Base Yard
- Wahiawa: Wahiawa Botanical Garden
- Haleiwa: Waimea Valley
Arbor Day is officially commemorated in Hawaii on the first Friday in November.