At least 45 people have reported falling ill in a norovirus outbreak linked to upscale Waikiki eatery Herringbone this week, the state Health Department said.
Those who got sick include 29 customers and 16 employees.
Exposure appears to be limited to those who ate or worked at the restaurant this past weekend.
Noroviruses are highly contagious, and cause what's commonly known as the stomach flu. Symptoms usually begin 24 to 48 hours after exposure, and include nausea, vomiting, diarrhea and stomach cramps.
The Health Department got its first report of illness from a diner on Monday.
That person had dined at the restaurant over the weekend. Five people in the diner's party had become ill, the Health Department said.
Officials then received several other reports from other patrons of the restaurant. All have recovered after one to two days of being ill.
Herringbone, located at the International Market Place, shuttered its doors Thursday following reports of illness.
Originally, the Health Department said three customers got sick Saturday after sharing a tossed salad.
But customers told Hawaii News Now that more than three people got sick and didn't eat any salad.
In a statement, Herringbone said it was "working closely with the Health Department to investigate this matter and look forward to reopening as soon as possible."
Those who got sick are being asked to call the Health Department at (808) 586-4586.
This is a developing story. Please check back for updates.
Copyright 2017 Hawaii News Now. All rights reserved.
Rain is giving Hawaii a good soak as wet weather settles in across the state.
Dozens of homeless were kicked out of a camp under the Nimitz viaduct.
PHOTO: Kauai High Red Raiders honor life of former athlete by retiring jersey 64
PHOTOS: Fishing vessel stuck in Waikiki waters
SLIDESHOW: Players involved in Kealoha corruption case