HONOLULU (HawaiiNewsNow) - Monday is Labor Day, a state and federal holiday, and the City and County of Honolulu wants to let the public know about some changes that are in effect.
- All City and County of Honolulu offices will be closed, but all emergency medical, fire, lifeguard, medical examiner and police services will be available.
- The Neal Blaisdell Center box office will also be closed, and the People’s Open Markets will not be held.
- Parks, municipal golf courses, botanical gardens and the Honolulu Zoo will be open.
- TheBus will operate on a Sunday schedule.
- Trash will also be collected.
The following traffic regulations are in effect:
- On-street parking will be free, except for meters on Kalakaua Avenue along Queen Kapiolani Park and metered parking lots.
- Traffic lanes will not be coned for contraflow.