The Longs Drugs at the Kamehameha Shopping Center reopened Wednesday morning after a chemical spill forced an evacuation the night before.
Crews responded to the store on North School Street around 7:45 p.m.
Honolulu Fire Department officials say at least three people felt sick, while one woman needed further medical attention. It’s still unclear what condition she is in.
Investigators confirm it was refrigerant leaking from a 125-pound tank.
Photos from inside the store show a thick white haze lingering in the air. HFD says the cloud was emanating from the store's air conditioning unit.
Witnesses tell Hawaii News Now the vapor was odorless, but they immediately felt ill.
The store was evacuated about 30 minutes prior to crews arriving on scene, HFD said.
Emergency personnel escorted an AC contractor to the unit, and shut it off.
The state’s Health Hazard Evaluation and Emergency Response office has been informed of the chemical spill.
Copyright 2017 Hawaii News Now. All rights reserved.
PHOTOS: Zoo's new 'reptile house' opens
PHOTOS: Sand sculptures in Waikiki
PHOTOS: Hawaiian Air welcome first Airbus A321neo
PHOTOS: Honolulu City Lights Christmas tree arrives
SLIDESHOW: Black Friday 2017 Deals