Man found dead in Maui home after apparent carbon monoxide poiso - Hawaii News Now - KGMB and KHNL

Man found dead in Maui home after apparent carbon monoxide poisoning

(Image: Hawaii News Now) (Image: Hawaii News Now)
KIHEI, MAUI (HawaiiNewsNow) -

Maui officials responded a hazmat situation Monday evening that killed a Kihei resident.

Maui police and firefighters responded to a home on Konale Place around 6 p.m. When crews arrived, they found a man unresponsive with a generator running inside the home. 

Sources say the resident lost electricity a couple of days ago and the generator was used to power appliances.

Officials subsequently pronounced the man dead at the scene. He was identified as 47-year-old Joseph Prockette of Kihei. 

An autopsy has been scheduled to determine his official cause of death. The investigation is on-going.

Copyright 2017 Hawaii News Now. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly