HAWAII (HawaiiNewsNow) - People across the country will observe Independence Day on Tuesday.
Here's a look at what's open and closed on Oahu:
- State, county and federal offices: Closed
- Emergency medical, fire, lifeguard, medical examiner, and police services: Open
- TheBus: Operates on Sunday schedule
- Landfills/refuse transfer stations: Open
- City Halls and Driver Licensing Centers: Closed
- Parks, municipal golf courses, botanical gardens, and the Honolulu Zoo: Open
- Neal Blaisdell Center box office: Closed
- People’s Open Markets: Closed
Traffic and parking will also be affected: On-street parking will be free, except for the meters on Kalakaua Avenue along Queen Kapi'olani Park and metered parking lots.