Honolulu fire officials say a 3-year-old girl was the first to spot a fire that broke out at a North Shore home on Tuesday afternoon.
The fire sparked around 5:20 p.m. at the two-story home on Kamehameha Highway near Sunset Beach Park.
Nearly 20 firefighters responded to the fire and managed to extinguish it by 5:35 p.m.
Officials said two people, the girl and her grandmother, were home at the time and managed to escape unharmed prior to HFD arrival.
The fire is still under investigation, but damage is estimated at about $5,100.
Copyright 2017 Hawaii News Now. All rights reserved.
PHOTOS: Honolulu Zoo welcomes new baby sloth
PHOTOS: Sunrise celebrates 10 years
PHOTOS: Hokulea heads to Haleiwa for statewide Mahalo voyage
PHOTOS: Keiki kane show off their conch shell blowing skills
PHOTOS: The Coco Palms Resort, 25 Years Later