The state Health Department has a message for parents: Don't let your kids drink from the hose.
That's because rat lungworm disease-carrying slugs can curl up in garden hoses — and could pass the brain-invading parasite on through the water.
Health officials delivered the message on Facebook with a photo of a slugs curled up in a hose.
And the reaction from Facebook users was fairly ubiquitous: Ewww.
"I better quit doing that," wrote Missy Peek Carlucci.
Lots of folks also took the message seriously. A day after it had been posted, it was shared more than 2,000 times.
The state is seeking to raise awareness about rat lungworm disease amid a spike of cases on Hawaii Island and Maui.
Rat lungworm affects the brain and spinal cord. Rodents pass the larvae on in their feces, and other animals (including slugs or snails) can become infected.
Copyright 2017 Hawaii News Now. All rights reserved.
PHOTOS: Maui crossfitters break a sweat to help sick children
This $14.5M Big Island estate named HGTV's Best Outdoor Retreat
PHOTOS: Former President Bill Clinton on Oahu
PHOTOS: Largest collection of Niihau shell lei, items from Hawaiian heiress up for auction