By Kristy Tamashiro
HNN Spring Intern
HONOLULU (HawaiiNewsNow) - As Prince Kuhio Day is observed on March 26, closures will be in effect over the holiday weekend.
- All refuse transfer stations and the Kekaha Landfill, Sunday
- Wailua Golf Course, Sunday
- The Kauai Bus will run on its regular weekend schedule on Sunday
- County offices will be closed Monday
- Kauai Bus will operate on a modified schedule on Monday
- All neighborhood centers – closed Sunday, Monday
- Kapaa and Waimea swimming pools, closed Sunday, March 26 through Tuesday, March 28
- Emergency ambulance, fire, lifeguard, medical examiner, and police services will be available.
- TheBus will operate on a state holiday schedule.
- Refuse will be collected and transfer stations, convenience centers, H-POWER, and the Waimanalo Gulch Sanitary Landfill will be open.
- Parks, municipal golf courses, botanical gardens, and the Honolulu Zoo will be open.
- The Neal S. Blaisdell Center box office will be closed.
- The People's Open Markets will not be held.
- All Satellite City Halls and Driver Licensing Centers will be closed.
The holiday weekend will also impact traffic.
Street parking in Lanikai will not be permitted on Saturday, Sunday and Monday from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. HPD will strictly enforce the parking regulations.
Lanikai Beach and Pillbox Trail goers are encouraged to walk, bike, get dropped off or take TheBus route 70 over the three-day weekend.