WAILUKU, MAUI (HawaiiNewsNow) - Free swim classes are being offered in April to both children and adults on Maui.
The lessons will be held at pools in Kokua, Wailuku and Pukalani.
Here are the specific details:
Swimming Stroke Development and Conditioning Classes for Children (Kokua Pool)
- Swimmers must be Level 3 and above, ages 7 to 12 years
- Schedule: Tuesdays and Thursdays, April 4 – 27; 3:30 p.m. (30- to 45-minute sessions)
- Registration deadline: March 31, 2017.
- Registration is available at Kokua Pool during public swim hours, or call Risa at (808) 341-0842.
Learn to Swim Classes for Children (New Wailuku Pool)
- Parent Participation Required
- Schedule: Saturdays, April 22 – May 27
- Infant/Toddler: 9:00 a.m.
- Level 1: 10:00 a.m.
- Level 2: 11:00 a.m.
- Level 3: 12:00 p.m.
- Registration will be held Saturday, April 8 at the New Wailuku Pool from 8:00 - 9:00 a.m. Spaces are limited and will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis.
- For more information, call Risa at (808) 341-0842.
Adult Learn-to-Swim Class (Upcountry Pool, Pukalani)
- In observance of April as "Adult Learn-to-Swim month," the County of Maui Parks and Recreation Aquatics Division is partnering with Maui Masters Swim Club to offer free adult learn-to-swim classes on Saturday mornings. Classes are for non-swimmers and beginner adults 18 and over.
- Schedule: Saturdays, April 1 – 29; 9:00–10:30 a.m.
- The online registration deadline is March 30.