An employee at the Kahe Power Plant was seriously injured early Monday after suffering an electrical shock, Emergency Medical Services said.
EMS responded around 3:10 a.m. to the power plant located in Nanakuli.
The man was awake and talking, but paramedics treated and transported him to the hospital in serious condition. However, the Hawaiian Electric Company said he was later released from the hospital.
Officials did not have further details.
Copyright 2017 Hawaii News Now. All rights reserved.
PHOTOS: Black Friday in Hawaii
SLIDESHOW: Black Friday 2017 Deals
PHOTOS: Child's wish comes true at Foster Botanical Garden
PHOTOS: Zoo's new 'reptile house' opens
PHOTOS: Sand sculptures in Waikiki