A fire destroyed a home in the Makiki area on Friday morning, the Honolulu Fire Department said.
According to HFD Capt. David Jenkins, around 8:30 a.m., nine fire companies with 35 personnel responded to the two-alarm building fire at 1044 Green Street.
The fire was under control by approximately 8:55 a.m.
Fire investigators said the blaze was accidentally started when the kitchen stove was turned on, igniting nearby combustibles.
Jenkins said a man was home at the time of the fire, but managed to escape uninjured.
The fire caused $300,000 in damage to the home and $200,000 in damage to its contents.
The American Red Cross is also assisting those who were affected.
Copyright 2017 Hawaii News Now. All rights reserved.
PHOTOS: Honolulu Zoo welcomes new baby sloth
PHOTOS: Sunrise celebrates 10 years
PHOTOS: Hokulea heads to Haleiwa for statewide Mahalo voyage
PHOTOS: Keiki kane show off their conch shell blowing skills
PHOTOS: The Coco Palms Resort, 25 Years Later