Cooking on unattended stove to blame for Makaha house fire - Hawaii News Now - KGMB and KHNL

Cooking on unattended stove to blame for Makaha house fire

(Image: Hawaii News Now) (Image: Hawaii News Now)

By Ryan Lothspeich
HNN Fall Intern

WAIANAE, OAHU (HawaiiNewsNow) -- A Makaha house fire on Friday morning caused about $100,000 in damage, fire officials said.

Food cooking on an unattended stove was the cause of the fire.

The blaze started about 11 a.m. Friday, when eight people were in the home. They all escaped uninjured.

When firefighters arrived, smoke and flames were coming from the home's second floor. The blaze was extinguished by 11:19 a.m.

Fire officials said the fire was confined to the kitchen.

Copyright 2016 HawaiiNewsNow.  All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly