A Kauai man has died while working at a home construction site in Lawai.
Gary Wiser, 46, was hired as a contractor for the site on Hailima Road. Around 10 a.m. on Wednesday, he was helping a crane operator move items from the roadway onto the property. He was holding a cable at its end, when he was suddenly electrocuted by an overhead power line, witnesses say.
The Kalaheo man collapsed, and other people nearby began CPR until firefighters and medics arrived.
Wiser was taken to Wilcox Hospital where he was pronounced dead.