HONOLULU (HawaiiNewsNow) - Monday is Independence Day, a federal holiday, and the City and County of Honolulu will be operating on a holiday schedule in observance of the day.
The following changes are in effect;
Emergency ambulance, fire, lifeguard, and police services will be available.
- TheBus will operate on a Sunday Holiday schedule. For route and schedule information, click here.
- Refuse will be collected and transfer stations, convenience centers, H-POWER, and the Waimanalo Gulch Sanitary Landfill will be open.
- Parks, municipal golf courses, botanical gardens, and the Honolulu Zoo will be open.
- The Neal Blaisdell Center box office will be closed.
- The People’s Open Markets will not be held.
- All Satellite City Halls and Driver’s License locations will be closed.
The following traffic and parking regulations will be in effect:
- On-street parking will be free, except for the meters on Kalakaua Avenue along Queen Kapi‘olani Park and metered parking lots.
- Traffic lanes will not be coned for contraflow.