SCHOFIELD BARRACKS (HawaiiNewsNow) - The Army is alerting residents near Schofield Barracks that the military will conduct live fire training over the next few weeks.
The training exercises may be heard in surrounding communities. If you hear explosive sounds coming from the base, do not be alarmed, military officials say.
Training is scheduled to occur on the following dates:
- June 29-30: Marine Corps helicopter gunnery (9 p.m.-midnight)
- July 6-10: Army mortar training
- July 11-31: Army Lightning Academy training with blank ammunition and explosive simulators on East Range. (Daytime and nighttime hours)
- July 11-15: Army demolitions training
- July 25-29: Marine Corps mortar and artillery training (Daytime and nighttime hours)
- July 25-30: Army mortar training
- July 30-31: Army demolitions training