HALEAKALA, Maui (HawaiiNewsNow) - Maui's Haleakala National Park has been recognized by TripAdvisor as one of the top national parks in the US.
Locally, Haleakala took the top spot for Hawaii's best national park, beating out Big Island's Volcanoes National Park. Nationally, Haleakala came in at number four.
The results are based on a study by the national parks service and TripAdvisor.
At no surprise, the study said visitors enjoy Haleakala's stunning early morning sunrise at the summit.
Grand Canyon National Park in Arizona took the number one spot, followed by Utah's Bryce Canyon National Park and Wyoming's Grand Teton National Park.
Here's the full list:
1. Grand Canyon National Park, Arizona
2. Bryce Canyon National Park, Utah
3. Grand Teton National Park, Wyoming
4. Haleakala National Park, Hawaii
5. Glacier National Park, Montana
6. Mesa Verde National Park, Colorado
7. Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park, California
8. Yosemite National Park, California
9. Zion National Park, Utah
10. Carlsbad Caverns National Park, New Mexico
Mobile users, click here for photos.
*The list was determined using an algorithm that took into account the quantity and quality of reviews for U.S. national parks, gathered from January 1 to December 31, 2015