HONOLULU (HawaiiNewsNow) - Honolulu firefighters responded to a two-alarm building fire on Date Street at about 5:30 p.m. on Tuesday.
The first unit arrived at 5:33 p.m. to find a two-story apartment complex with smoke coming from a ground floor unit.
Crews located the fire in the unit's kitchen and was quickly brought under control at 5:37 p.m.
The cause of the fire was determined to be unattended cooking.
Damages are estimated at $30,000 to the structure and $2,000 to its contents.
One man was home at the time of the fire but was not injured.