HAGATNA, Guam (AP) - The Archdiocese of Agana is working with a law firm as well as an independent investigator after statements of abuse named Archbishop Anthony Apuron.
The Pacific Daily News reports (http://bit.ly/1r7ayi3) Deacon Steve Martinez said last week that the archbishop was protecting himself and intentionally kept the archdiocese's sexual abuse policy weak.
A Friday statement by the archdiocese called this a lie.
Apuron is accused of molesting Roy Quintanilla and the son of Arizona resident Doris Concepcion.
Now a 52-year-old Hawaii resident, Quintanilla says he was a 12-year-old altar boy when Apuron molested him.
Apuron had removed Martinez from his position as sexual abuse response coordinator.
The archdiocese said last month that current sexual abuse response coordinator Deacon Larry Claros was informed and organizing next steps.
Copyright 2016 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.