HONOLULU (HawaiiNewsNow) - The City and County of Honolulu will host a free "Going Green" recycling event Friday morning.
The twice-monthly event, which encourages residents to recycle various items, will take place from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. at Honolulu Hale.
The following items will be accepted:
- One TV per car
- Cell phones
- Ink cartridges
- Usable clothing and household items
- Used eyeglasses and hearing aids
- Used household cooking oil
- All types of batteries
- Dog and cat food
- Towels and blankets
- Prom dresses
- Women's business suits and other women's accessories
- Incandescent bulbs can be swapped for compact fluorescent bulbs, a maximum of four per car
- Free towing of unwanted cars is available by appointment.
No scrap metals, tires, paint, microwave ovens, cardboard, paper, motor oil, hazardous fluids, or green waste will be accepted.