HONOLULU (HawaiiNewsNow) - The City and County of Honolulu will be on a different schedule on Monday due to Memorial Day, a federal holiday.
The following changes are to take effect:
- Emergency ambulance, fire, lifeguard, and police services will be available.
- TheBus will operate on a Sunday schedule. For route and schedule information, please visit www.thebus.org.
- Refuse will be collected, and transfer stations, convenience centers, H-POWER, and the Waimanalo Gulch Sanitary Landfill will be open.
- Parks, municipal golf courses, botanical gardens, and the Honolulu Zoo will be open.
- The Neal S. Blaisdell Box Office will be closed.
- The People's Open Markets will not be held.
- All Satellite City Halls and Driver’s License offices will be closed.
The following traffic and parking regulations will also be in effect:
- On-street parking will be free, except for the meters on Kalakaua Avenue along Queen Kapi‘olani Park and metered parking lots.
- Traffic lanes will not be coned for contraflow.
TheBus will also provide a supplementary service for those who want to attend the mayor's Memorial Day Service at the National Memorial Cemetery of the Pacific.