HONOLULU (HawaiiNewsNow) - The annual Lantern Floating Hawaii Ceremony will again take place at Ala Moana Beach on Memorial Day this year, and more than 50,000 people are expected to attend.
Here is the important information you need to know if you plan to attend:
- Pre-ceremony begins at 6:10 p.m. on Monday, May 30.
- Official ceremony starts at 6:30 p.m. and ends with the floating of the lanterns.
- The lantern request tent will be open on Monday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. or until all the lanterns are distributed. Organizers request that you take only one lantern per family.
- Lanterns are free, but you may make a donation at the tent. Donations go to the City & County of Honolulu for the upkeep of Ala Moana Beach Park.
- Free parking is available at the Hawaii Convention Center on Monday from 7 a.m. until midnight.
- Free shuttles will take passengers from the Convention Center to Ala Moana Beach Park beginning at 3 p.m. and back to the Convention Center after the ceremony.
TV & DIGITAL BROADCAST
- The ceremony will air live on KGMB starting at 6:30 p.m.
- A link to view the livestream online or on your mobile device will be available at HawaiiNewsNow.com