Short circuit causes smoke in Downtown Honolulu - Hawaii News Now - KGMB and KHNL

Short circuit causes smoke in Downtown Honolulu

(Image: Robert Baird) (Image: Robert Baird)
HONOLULU (HawaiiNewsNow) -

The smoke that came from utility maintenance holes in Downtown Honolulu on Tuesday was caused by a short circuit underground, the Hawaiian Electric Company said.

Witnesses said they saw smoke coming out of a manhole on Bishop Street around 1 p.m. Police temporarily shut down all lanes of Bishop Street from Queen Street as they investigated, but the road has since reopened.

No injuries or outages were reported.

Copyright 2016 Hawaii News Now. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly