HONOLULU (HawaiiNewsNow) - The city wants feedback on its plans to upgrade Ala Moana Beach Park.
The public will host a meeting Thursday from 6 to 8 p.m. at McCoy Pavilion to hear feedback and suggestions on its plan to improve the overall park experience through major infrastructure upgrades.
The city released new details and renderings this week regarding the proposed plan that calls for new parking stalls, an upgraded McCoy Pavilion, a new park entrance and more.
Some of the new concepts include:
- a wider promenade along the beach area
- long term beach nourishment
- enhanced pond edges and paths
- restoring and upgrading McCoy Pavilion
- a new Piikoi Street entrance for pedestrians and bicyclists
- more mauka to makai walking paths
- improved irrigation, paths and trees at Great Lawn
- beautified park drive with makai views.
The city is also seeking input on its website.