Small blaze at Waimanalo eatery ruled accidental - Hawaii News Now - KGMB and KHNL

Small blaze at Waimanalo eatery ruled accidental

(Image: Hawaii News Now) (Image: Hawaii News Now)
(Image: Hawaii News Now) (Image: Hawaii News Now)
WAIMANALO, OAHU (HawaiiNewsNow) -

An electrical warming appliance left on overnight caused the early-morning blaze at Serg's Mexican Kitchen in Waimanalo, the Honolulu Fire Department said.

The blaze started about 5:55 a.m. Monday, and about 20 firefighters responded. The fire was extinguished by 6:10 a.m.

Damage from the blaze was estimated at $40,000 to the structure and $20,000 to its contents.

There were no reports of any injuries, HFD said.

Crews closed off a portion of Kalanianaole Highway while they battled the flames.

Copyright 2016 Hawaii News Now. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly