Kathleen Gallagher has an interesting article on the PBN website about the top exports of Hawaii. The Commerce Department has listed the top five Hawaii exports. It's based on total dollar value last year, compared to the year before that.
1. Broodstock shrimp $19,842,826 down 24%.
2. Bottled water $18,719,253 down 2%.
3. Macadamia nuts $11,091,294 up 266%.
4. Chocolate-covered macnuts $10,606,773 down 13%.
5. Papayas $8,022,436 down 16%.
This doesn't count jet fuel refined on Oahu, which counts as an export when you pump it into a jetliner and the jetliner then flies to another country.
Copyright 2016. Hawaii News Now. All Rights Reserved.
Hawaii News Now
420 Waiakamilo Road, Suite 205
Honolulu, HI 96817
Main (808) 847-3246
News (808) 847-1112