HONOLULU (HawaiiNewsNow) - We're talking with Amanda Stevens, Executive Director of Susan G. Komen Hawaii and Mina Colon who is going thru her journey with breast cancer in her 20's. Mina is very excited to be a model in this upcoming event.
Funds raised through the Pink Tie Ball support community grants that provide local hospitals and agencies with vital services such as breast education, clinical and diagnostic exams, treatment and survivorship support to thousands of uninsured and underinsured individuals throughout the island. who are facing the disease.
Susan G. Komen funds more breast cancer research than any other non-profit organization
- - 2016 Honoree is Dr. Angela Pratt
- - This year, Susan G. Komen is using fashion in the fight against breast cancer
- - Designs by Project Runway stars Kini Zamora, Ari South, Alexander Knox, Sean Kelly
- - Breast cancer survivors and Hawaii's top models will be wearing the designer's pieces for a fashion show
- - The designers will donate one outfit for a live auction, which will be custom fit for the auction winner
- 5th Annual Susan G. Komen Pink Tie Ball
- Friday, March 18, 2016
- Royal Hawaiian Hotel