EWA BEACH, OAHU (HawaiiNewsNow) - The state Department of Education sent a letter home to parents about more alleged threats to three Oahu public schools, but classes are still in session on Tuesday, school officials said.
Letters were sent home with students at Castle and Campbell High Schools and King Intermediate on Monday. A letter on Castle's website said additional security staff would be monitoring and patrolling the campus. The school would also work with the Honolulu Police Department.
Campbell also posted a similar letter on its website.
Last week, Campbell was under lockdown after a handwritten note was found in a bathroom. Security was also heightened at Castle after a similar threat was made.