HECO employee sustains electric shock, seriously injured - Hawaii News Now - KGMB and KHNL

HECO employee sustains electric shock, seriously injured

(Image: Hawaii News Now/File) (Image: Hawaii News Now/File)
AIEA, OAHU (HawaiiNewsNow) -

A 33-year-old Hawaiian Electric worker was seriously injured in Aiea after an electric shock stopped his heart.

The incident occured just after 11 p.m. on Monday near Kamehameha Highway and McGrew Loop.

The man's coworkers used a defribrilator three times and performed CPR to keep him alive until paramdeics arrived.

Paramedics were able to revive the man and transport him to the hospital.

Copyright 2016 Hawaii News Now. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly