HONOLULU (HawaiiNewsNow) - Yelp's annual Top 100 Places to Eat in the U.S. for 2016 list was released Wednesday and 10 Hawaii restaurants made the cut.
Marukame Udon -- a Japanese noodle shop in Waikiki -- topped the Hawaii list at No. 10, followed by Ono Seafood in Kaimuki at No. 14. The eatery that took the top spot on the national list was Porto's Bakery and Café in Burbank, Calif.
Businesses were chosen based on ratings, number of reviews and popularity among the Yelp community. Unlike previous lists which focused on performance in recent years, this year's looked at performance since the founding of Yelp in 2004.
The following Hawaii restaurants made it onto the list:
- Marukame Udon – Waikiki, Oahu (10)
- Ono Seafood – Kaimuki, Oahu (14)
- Da Poke Shack – Kailua-Kona, Big Island (15)
- Mama’s Fish House – Paia, Maui (35)
- Lahaina Grill – Lahaina, Maui (56)
- Helena’s Hawaiian Food – Kalihi, Oahu (63)
- Musubi Cafe Iyasume – Waikiki, Oahu (76)
- Shark Pit Maui – Lahaina, Maui (84)
- Umeke’s – Kailua-Kona, Big Island (89)
- Leoda’s Kitchen and Pie Shop – Lahaina, Maui (92)