HONOLULU (HawaiiNewsNow) - Are you at risk of losing your home? Here are some nonprofits that might be able to assist you:
• Mediation Center of the Pacific: Helps landlords and tenants resolve disputes. For more information, call 521-6767 or go to www.mediatehawaii.org.
• Credit Counseling of Hawaii: Assists overburdened families "regain control of their financial lives" with counseling and education. Go to www.cccsofhawaii.org or call 532-3225.
• Helping Hands Hawaii: Offers a range of services to Hawaii residents, including emergency homeless prevention grants. For more information, go to www.helpinghandshawaii.org or call 536-7234.
• Legal Aid Society of Hawaii: Assists low-income residents with legal problems. Go to www.legalaidhawaii.org or call 536-4302.
• Catholic Charities Hawaii: Helps people in need, including with homeless prevention emergency grants. Learn more at www.catholiccharitieshawaii.org or call the nonprofit's help line on Oahu at 521-4357.
• Institute for Human Services: Runs emergency shelters, homeless prevention and rapid re-housing programs. Go to www.ihshawaii.org or call 447-2800.
• Salvation Army Hawaii: Offers a range of services to people in need, including emergency homeless prevention grants. More information available at www.hawaii.salvationarmy.org or call 988-2136.
• Aloha United Way: Runs a free help line to connect people in need with state services and nonprofits. Get help by calling 2-1-1; the help line is operated Monday to Friday, 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.