KEALAKEKUA BAY, HAWAII (HawaiiNewsNow) - By: Taylor Preza
Faculty and staff have been told to get ready for the big move as the University of Hawaii Center, West Hawaii in Kealakekua will soon begin relocating to the new campus at Hawaii Community College - Palamanui.
During the transition to the new campus in North Kona, faculty and staff are encouraged to be well aware of the following temporary changes and important dates between now and the beginning of Fall Semester:
- Monday, Aug. 3: Office of Student Services, Business Office, the Library/Learning Center, and Administration at the Kealakekua location will be closed due to moving. Other than Monday, Aug. 3, the Placement Testing Center remains open at Kealakekua through Aug. 14.
- Thursday, Aug. 13: Mandatory New Student Orientation (by reservation) at Kealakekua.
- Monday, Aug. 10: Palamanui Student Services will be operational via phone and email only. Call 969-8816 or email email@example.com.
- Monday, Aug. 17: Palamanui Student Services will be operational. Students without an appointment must phone 969-8816 before coming to campus.
- Tuesday, Aug. 18: Mandatory New Student Orientation at Palamanui (by reservation).
- Monday, Aug. 24: First day of instruction for Fall Semester at Hawai‘i Community College – Palamanui.
However, the placement testing Services will remain open continuously in Kealakekua. Applying or accepting students who need to complete placement testing in order to register for classes, call 969-8830.
For assistance during the closure for moving, contact the College's Hilo offices:
- Admissions & Records: 934-2710
- Business Office: 934-2740
- Counseling & Advising: 934-2720
- Financial Aid: 934-2712
- Ha'awi Kokua: 934-2825
- UH Hilo Bookstore: 932-7394
The official Opening Ceremony and public Open House for Hawaii Community College - Palamanui, is being planned for late October.