A fire in Liliha on Sunday started when someone was smoking next to an oxygen machine, fire investigators say.
Firefighters responded to a two-alarm fire at a three-story apartment complex on North Vineyard Boulevard at around 2 p.m. A 54-year-old man was transported to the hospital with serious injuries.
Three people were home at the time.
The fire caused an estimated $140,000 worth of damage.
Copyright 2015 Hawaii News Now. All rights reserved.
PHOTOS: Sand sculptures in Waikiki
PHOTOS: Hawaiian Air welcome first Airbus A321neo
PHOTOS: Honolulu City Lights Christmas tree arrives
SLIDESHOW: Black Friday 2017 Deals
PHOTOS: Queen Liliuokalani's death remembered 100 years later