Worker at Waikoloa resort electrocuted - Hawaii News Now - KGMB and KHNL

Breaking

Worker at Waikoloa resort electrocuted

WAIKOLOA, HAWAII (HawaiiNewsNow) -

A 34-year-old man died Wednesday as the result of an industrial accident at a Waikoloa resort.

South Kohala officers responding to an 8:44 a.m. call learned that a subcontractor had been doing renovations at the resort on the 69-400 block of Waikoloa Beach Drive when he suffered a fatal electric shock.

The man was taken to North Hawaii Community Hospital, where he was pronounced dead at 9:40 a.m.

He has been identified as Aaron Barrett of Honokaa.

An autopsy has been ordered to determine the exact cause of death.

Copyright 2015 Hawaii News Now. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly