HFD: Unattended cooking causes Keeaumoku building fire - Hawaii News Now - KGMB and KHNL

HFD: Unattended cooking causes Keeaumoku building fire

HONOLULU (HawaiiNewsNow) -

A fire that broke out Tuesday from a fifth-floor unit of a Keeaumoku Street building was caused by “unattended cooking,” according to the Honolulu Fire Department.

More than 30 firefighters arrived on scene at about 3:50 p.m. where flames were coming from the kitchen. Firefighters managed to get the fire under control by 4 p.m. and fully extinguished it 10 minutes later.

The male occupant escaped uninjured, but a 67-year-old female neighbor was treated by paramedics for smoke inhalation and was released at the scene.

Damages are estimated at $25,000.

Copyright 2015 Hawaii News Now. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly