Boy Scout from Texas suffers third-degree burns during camping t - Hawaii News Now - KGMB and KHNL

Boy Scout from Texas suffers third-degree burns during camping trip on Maui

MAUI (HawaiiNewsNow) -

An 11-year-old Boy Scout from Texas suffered third-degree burns Monday during a camping trip on Maui.

The boy was camping with an El Paso Boy Scout troop at camp grounds within the Haleakala National Park when a pot of boiling water accidentally fell on him, police said.

The victim was airlifted to the Maui Memorial Medical Center in serious condition and was later transported to a hospital on Oahu in stable condition for further treatment. His injuries were described as non-life threatening.

His parents have been notified and are flying out to Oahu. 

Copyright 2015 Hawaii News Now. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly