HONOLULU (HawaiiNewsNow) - A 52-year-old man has been indicted on four counts of sexual assault -- accused of repeatedly molesting a 6-year-old girl, and the victim's mother claims she lost her job as a result of the allegations against her boss's husband.
Hawaii News Now was contacted by the victim's mother who wanted to share her story hoping for justice for her daughter -- who she says tearfully admitted last week to being sexually assaulted for more than a year at a Waikiki condo complex.
"It was like all of my worst nightmares just came true. I'm living my worst nightmare right now," said Maria.
To protect the identity of the alleged victim, Hawaii News Now is not revealing her mother's face or name.
"Last Thursday night my 6-year-old daughter told me that she has been sexually assaulted by my boss at Zenza Spa's husband Todd Bruggman," said Maria.
The alleged victim's mom says Bruggman often helped babysit, because they both have daughters around the same age.
She says her daughter told her the alleged abuse took place at Bruggman's Waikiki condo.
A four-count indictment details the disturbing allegations.
"A lot of it happened upstairs in their unit but a lot of it did happen in the pool in the public rec area and I'm trying to get footage of this," Maria said.
The alleged victim's mom says when Bruggman was arrested, she was immediately taken off the schedule at work.
"Today she officially fired me and asked me for the key back," said Maria. "Because I pressed charges on her husband for sexually assaulting my daughter and he was indicted yesterday. As soon as the indictment came, she fired me."
Hawaii News Now was with the alleged victim's mother when she returned to work to pick up her belongings -- and spoke with her boss.
"I'm not firing her. I just tell her that I need some time to figure out. She has a TRO restraining order, so I have to figure out how to do the right way with the law," said Darlene, the wife of the accused.
The alleged victim's mother says she's speaking out because she wants justice for her daughter -- and she believes there's surveillance video that proves her accusations.
"It's been a week already since she said this happened in a public place where there's cameras and I'm not getting the footage. I don't know what's going on if somebody is protecting this person or I'm just not getting the footage I need of a potential sexual assault of a minor caught on camera," Maria said.
The alleged victim's mother says she was told Bruggman posted his $100,000 bond and was released from jail Thursday morning.