Spontaneous combustion causes small fire at Manoa restaurant - Hawaii News Now - KGMB and KHNL

Spontaneous combustion causes small fire at Manoa restaurant

HFD investigates overnight fire at Tokoname HFD investigates overnight fire at Tokoname
MANOA, OAHU (HawaiiNewsNow) -

Approximately 35 Honolulu firefighters quickly extinguished a small fire early Friday morning in the kitchen of Tokoname Sushi Bar and Restaurant at Manoa Marketplace. 

Firefighters were dispatched at around 2:30 a.m. and found light smoke coming from the back of the restaurant. They discovered the fire, isolated to a small bucket of grease-laden rags, and were able to put it out in 10 minutes. 

Fire officials said spontaneous combustion appeared to have caused the fire.

No occupants were in the building at the time and no injuries were reported.

Fire damages are estimated at $200. 

Copyright 2015 Hawaii News Now. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly