Portlock house fire causes $70,000 in damages - Hawaii News Now - KGMB and KHNL

Portlock house fire causes $70,000 in damages

Portlock house fire causes $70,000 in damages Portlock house fire causes $70,000 in damages
PORTLOCK, OAHU (HawaiiNewsNow) -

Nearly 40 firefighters helped put out a two-alarm house fire in Portlock on Wednesday morning, the Honolulu Fire Department said.

At approximately 11:35 a.m., firefighters arrived at 305 Portlock Road, a one-story single family home, where smoke was emanating from the roof vents.

HFD said a roof contractor was working on the rain gutter and accidentally started the fire with a blowtorch. The flames then spread to the attic area.

Firefighters extinguished the fire at around 12:20 p.m.

The two occupants weren't home at the time. 

No injuries were reported, but the fire caused approximately $70,000 in damage.

Copyright 2015 Hawaii News Now. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly